Bridging Loans Explained
- Bridging loans are short term secured loans; they are usually obtained to assist with refinancing or purchasing property.
- Bridging loans are also often used for financing properties purchased at auction, financing the refurbishing of a property before a sale and financing a property transaction where a long-term secured loan offer cannot be arranged until a later date.
- Although bridging lenders typically charge higher rates of interest compared to high street lenders, they offer more flexible lending criteria i.e. option to drawing down loan money quicker.
Our Specialist Bridging Finance Department
- Our experienced team of Solicitors deal with both borrowers and lenders, which allow our team to understand the requirements of the parties involved.
- We ensure that our clients and third parties are regularly updated with the status of their transaction with the aim of eliminating stress at such a crucial time.
- We understand that every bridging transaction is time sensitive and is likely to be complex at times. However, our team is trained to react to circumstances that arise from lender’s requirements and to deal with same in a timely manner.
- We aim to work closely with you as our client and any third parties to ensure that all requirements are met in a timely fashion and for all parties to cooperate in the client’s best interests.
- Within every bridging finance team at Stirling Ackroyd Legal, our experience allows us to provide a tailored service that supports all the needs of your transaction.
- Our dedicated team will support you from initial enquiry stages through to completion.
Mr Shafiqur Rahman, head of our bridging department, says “you should consult with your Solicitor prior to taking out a bridging loan. As this is a time-sensitive matter, instructing a Solicitor last minute could be very costly, cause severe delays and may cause your deal to fall apart. Make sure you discuss the property particulars and the Lender’s requirements with your Solicitor before taking out a bridging loan”. As a boutique property law firm based in Central London, our specialist bridging teams are able to cater to your specific requirements; whether that entails arranging a free 20 minute consultation or us coming out to see you!
How to Enquire
- If you would like to obtain a bridging loan, we have a panel of partners whom we work closely with who we will forward you to.
Get a Quote
Please use this form to request a free quotation for legal services.