Employees can be put on furlough – a job retention scheme (JRS), where the government will pay 80% of the employees’ wages and the employer can choose whether to top up the remaining 20%.
After previously closing down a few stores, earlier this week high street retailer Mothercare announced they were going into administration.
According to the BBC 2500 jobs are now on the line as mothercare was unable to find a buyer for their operation.
It is inevitable that over time, businesses will need to reconsider how they organise labour and redundancies may be necessary. Although that should not detract from the fact that redundancy is stressful, difficult and often uncertain.
Deutsche Bank is reorganizing it’s divisions and their leadership. Amongst others the Chief Regulatory Officer, the head of US, and the head of US broker-dealer might depart, according to Bloomberg. Staff at Deutsche Bank’s London and New York offices…
An intense debate over the use of microchips on humans is set to divide millions in the coming years. Concerns over worker privacy violations and the prospect of unleashing a new wave of biohacking have been the core agitations to this technology.